not used

Steps for Planning an Event

We strongly suggest you start your planning several weeks before your event. 

The following is a guide to planning a successful event. We strongly suggest you start planning several weeks prior to your event. Inform us as soon as possible of your event even if all details are not final. This allows ample time for any special arrangements. Prices are subject to change; please contact the catering office for current pricing and availability.

Click here for a complete list of policies. 

  1. Reserve a space for your event with the Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life at www.ems.tulane.edu. For additional event space information, click here
  2. Contact the Olive Blue office at (504) 865-5254 or catering@tulane.edu. Menu options can be found at www.tulanecatering.catertrax.com or we can provide suggestions and customized menus.
  3. When you contact the office, please have the following information readily at hand:
    • Name of the group hosting the event
    • Name of the event coordinator
    • Address, phone and fax number of the coordinator
    • Event date
    • Number of participants
    • Event location
    • Beginning and ending times
    • Budget parameters
    • Menu ideas
  4. Create an account at www.tulanecatering.catertrax.com. You can order catering directly from this site or by calling the catering office. Once all details are finalized, you will receive a banquet event order confirmation that includes all details arranged for your event. Upon receipt of the event form, review all of the items listed and click the green confirmation button in the email provided. This will serve as your contractual agreement.
  5. Your final guest count must be submitted at least 72 hours prior to your event. Certain events may require a 5-day guarantee.  Any changes to the guest count after receipt of the contract may be subject to additional charges.
  6. Important points to know about event planning:
    • All outside groups (those groups who do not possess a university account number) require an 80% deposit one week prior to the event. The remaining 20% will be due three business days prior to the event. These groups are also responsible for the appropriate taxes.  If the group is tax exempt, the appropriate exemption form must be provided at the time of booking.
    • Any food or beverage items left from an event are the property of the catering department. Due to federal and state liabilities, no food or beverages are permitted to leave the event.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: As of October 1, 2017, there will be a $3.00 change request fee incurred on any changes within 72 hours of the event. 
Tulane University
Dining Services
107 Lavin-Bernick Center for Student Life
New Orleans, LA 70118
tel. (504) 865-5629
Contact Us